Magadheera was the first look teaser of SS Rajamouli’s film-making prowess. The film went on to become one of the biggest blockbusters in the industry. Every one who worked for this project is now shining bright in their respective careers. It’s been 7 years to the day since this movie released. Here are a few unknown facts about the movie that you might like to know about.
1. Vijayendra Prasad had written a story titled ‘Jagadeka Veerudu’ with Krishna as hero. The project never materialized. Rajamouli did small changes to it and finally made it as Magadheera.
2. Rajamouli selected this story because of Charan.
3. Initially, producer Allu Arvind wasn’t convinced with the choice of Kajal.
4. Rajamouli held a photo shoot and explained the entire characterization along with story to Kajal in 45 minutes.
5. Villain Dev Gill was completely afraid of horses. But one day, he rode a horse in RFC and that horse was familiar with the terrain of RFC and it started galloping automatically. That one experience taught him all about horse riding.
6. The VFX team delivered the final product to the makers just 24 hours prior to the release of the film.
7. Opening the film with flashback scene was influenced by Alfred Hitchcock’s films.
8. They had more complicated plans for the ‘Meli Musugu’ in the original script. The ‘Meli Musugu’ of the flashback was supposed to be stored in a museum and then it reaches the heroine in the present accidentally.
9. Rajamouli learnt horse riding while making Magadheera.
10. There is a specialty to the ‘Panchadara Bomma’ song. Hero and heroine never touch each other.
11. The chariot race was shot at the salt lands in Dholavira. While shooting, they needed a light weight vehicle to follow the horses. So they bought a Maruti van and cut off the top part and used it to mount the camera along with jimmy jib to shoot the race.
12. They used the plaster of Paris to take the moulding of Charan’s body shape. they prepared a statue from it. The costumes were designed for that statue first.
13. It took around 20 days to construct bridge for the 100 warrior fight scene and they had over 60 men working for it.
14. The scene where Charan is on a horse teasing Kajal was almost fatal. The horse was untamed and Charan almost fell off it, he escaped fatal injuries by a hairs breadth.
(source- idle brain interviews)
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org