Music is something that comes straight from the composer’s heart and connects to us. We all have our certain favorite music directors. And we get excited when their new album comes out. In this continues cycle, Both the filmmakers and the audience have been habituated to listen to same old Music Directors. Nobody wanted a change. Thanks to the new-age filmmakers now, that are giving opportunities to new talents to shine. One such talent we are gonna talk about now is, Vivek Sagar.
1. After Pelli Choopulu, Vivek could’ve done many films, but no, he chose to do only 3 films after that.
2. He did his Engineering in ECE and realized that it is not something he wants to do with his life.
3. He says, ‘After my college days, I worked at a mobile phone company as a ringtone editor. That was the only thing I found related to music’
4. In 2016, he along with his friends formed a band ‘Tapeloop‘ which is still active.
5. The turning point in his career was teaming up with Tharun Bhascker for his short film ‘Sainma‘. It was shot in sync sound.
6. Most of the music for ‘Pelli Choopulu’ was done after it was shot. With no lip sync songs, the music blended in with the narrative.
7. After Pelli Choopulu, he composed music for ‘Sheesh Mahal‘, a film that’s primarily made for a festive circuit, where he got to collaborate with Rahul Ram (Indian Ocean band) and famous writer/actor Piyush Mishra.
8. Vivek collaborated with new and upcoming lyricists like Shreshta and Rahul Ramakrishna (Shiva from Arjun Reddy). “I work with people who are at a similar artistic wavelength”, he says.
9. Tapeloop composes for short films, documentaries, corporate films, and jingles. The members include Vivek Sagar, Sanjay Das, Phani Teja and Varun Venugopal. In addition to these four, band Catharsis includes Francis Israel and Thiru Bandhela.
10. He was supposed to do Music for Arjun Reddy. But since he was already committed to Yudham Sharanam, he couldn’t.
11. Most important and beautiful thing about him should be, All his projects, collabs and movies so frikkin’ unique & refreshing.
12. And he has proven it yet again with Falaknuma Das’s authentic Hyderabadi tunes.
13. His upcoming work, ‘Brochevarevaru Ra’ also sounds super super interestingly new.
The more I learn about music, the more it surprises me. I don’t have a career agenda. It’s a joy to make music.” – Vivek Sagar
Here’s wishing the Swara Swagger, all the very best for his future works. And letting him know that ‘His Music Has A Seperate FanBase.’
Here are two of my personal favourites:
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com