(Article by Santosh Kumar Vadrevu)
Travelling is basically going from one place to another : but this is an ancient definition. Now, most of travelling happens when you are compelled to pause your work, so that you can just continue it at some other place because of some technical, human or other resource constraints. So everyone wants to have the best travelling experience and out of all ways, train journey is the most favorite among all, from kids to the elderly. Everything about the train horn, the engine sound, it’s length, the way it switches tracks is so special, it’s much more than just a means of transport.
The ambience is really festive : some people start something new, some people return after achieving something, someone so happy, someone so worried, so many working and living out of it. Train journey makes us come out of our monotonous, normal and busy life and brings us the opportunity to look at the beautiful world that’s around us. And what’s a better means to share all such emotions with some strangers for a few hours without deviating from your “very busy” life? Here are a few things that all of us do when we travel on trains that make it the best means of travel.
1. Wait at the door of our coach talking to friends/ family till the train starts moving.
2. If you find a pretty girl entering your coach, you consider yourself lucky and imagine some movie scenes about her.
3. We share food from home with the co-passengers and share light introductions about each other.
4. We call an old friend after a long time and remember sweet memories.
5. We purchase samosa, boiled ground nuts, chai, popcorn and almost everything that’s being sold in the compartment.
6. Sit at the window seat, have earphones on and listen to some melodious songs, with the cool breeze blowing over your hair, thinking about life.
7. Once the train starts going at enough speed, we leave the seat and go back to the door and enjoy the wind. (Ammayi undachu undakapovachu, adhi vere vishayam. :P)
8. We take a break from the busy life by reading an interesting book.
9. Last but the most popular, we look at the chain at the top and imagine some situation in which we get a chance to pull that.
Next time you travel by a train, don’t forget to do these if you ever missed any one of them, except the last one 😛
Comment other special things that you do when you travel by train!
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org