Ranga Reddy district is an important district in Andhra Pradesh earlier and now in Telangana. Many of the industries in outskirts of capital city Hyderabad come under Ranga Reddy District. Here are some of the facts about the district!
1. The district was formed in 1978 when it was split from Hyderabad district Originally named Hyderabad (Rural) district, it was renamed after Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy, a freedom fighter who fought for the independence of Telangana from the Nizams and who went on to become the deputy chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
2. It is the most populous of the ten districts of Telangana with a population of 5,296,741. The district encircles the city and district of Hyderabad, and the city of Hyderabad also serves as the administrative center of the district. The district headquarters is Vikarabad.
3. Medium-scale industries and Cement Corporation Of India (CCI)’s cement factories are established at Tandur. Another major company is Hyderabad Chemicals and Fertilizers, established at Moula-Ali in 1942.
4. Ranga Reddy has good access to banking with over 36 banks with branches in the district. Some of the banks are State Bank of India, Axis Bank and State Bank of Hyderabad.
5. The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is also located in Rangareddy District.
6. Ramoji Film City also comes under Rangareddy district; is situated at around 25 kilometers from Hyderabad. The man made beauty is spread over 2000 acres. It is a theme park created for film shootings. The place is a splendor and a popular family getaway.
7. Vikarabad is a charming place where one can derive pleasure in trekking. In fact, it is one of the favourite trekking spots for people who crave for adventure close to Hyderabad city. This place is covered with red soil, containing a mixture of rock and loose soil; therefore, it is a thrilling place for Rappelling and Rock Climbing.
Rangareddy is famous For temples which are located at the surroundings of Hyderabad.
8. Chilukuri Balaji Temple : Osman Sagar Lake is definitely an epicenter of a great deal of spiritual energy and an abode of Lord Venkateshwara, also called as Visa God. People from all sects visit this temple in of getting their wishes fulfilled. Another notable aspect of this temple is that it is one of the very few temples in the country, which does not accept any monetary donations in the Hundi.
9. Sanghi Temple : This enchanting temple is located in Sanghi Nagar, approximately 25 kilometers from Hyderabad. It takes its position on a hillock known as the Paramananda Giri. The Raja Gopuram is 15 feet tall, and can be seen from several kilometers away.
10. Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple is located in the beautiful hilly region of the Ananthagiri hills in Vikarabad, Rangareddy. It is dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu.
Also, do SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to get more awesome video content delivered right into your inbox.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org