Just a little while after Kidambi Srikanth’s victory, PV Sindhu another of the Telugu gang made it big in the arena of sports. Having received the Padma Shri at just 19, Sindhu is making all of us puff up in pride.
All this having said, Sindhu was known for her dedication and hard work through her clique. These are some things everyone needs to know and appreciate about Padma Shri PV Sindhu.
1. She started playing (and winning titles) when she was 8 years old.
2. Despite both parents being volleyball players, she opted badminton drawing inspiration from Gopichand.
3. She travelled long distances every day to reach her coaching centre… Always on time.
4. She won an Arjuna Award at a very young age of 18.
5. She missed her sister’s (who she’s very close to) wedding to attend a Grand Prix at Lucknow.
6. She’s the first Indian woman to win a singles medal at the World Championships
7. Also the first Indian to win two back-to-back medals in the World Badminton Championships.
Sindhu’s hard work seems to shine through at just 21! Way to go, girl! We hope you keep giving us reasons to celebrate you!
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com