Ever since the release of NTR starrer Jai Lava Kusa, character ‘Jai’ has become the talk of T-town. Many from the film fraternity went on praising the actor for getting into the skin of the role.
In this era of commercial films, makers get a very little space for elaboration. Overcoming the same obstacle, Raavan Maharaj succeeded in mesmerizing the audience. In an interview, NTR stated that he pulled references from Anand Neelakantan’s ‘Asura’(a book) to portray Raavan. We tried figuring out more interesting reasons behind Jai becoming a USP of Jai Lava Kusa. Are you curious too? This article is for you:
1. “రావణ్ ఎప్పుడూ ఎవ్వరికీ త..త..తల వంచడు” – Being Raavan, he never bowed his head to anyone.
The only time he does that is when he realizes about his inhuman attitude during drama episode!
2. Raavan barely blinks his eyes. NTR had to put his eyes half open while shooting to attain that striking sight. This feature helped in fetching an extra edge for Jai over the other characters.
3. Jai always strived for an identity, be it anywhere! This caused him to adopt the principles of Raavana.
4. Another factor which contributed to drawing fine boundaries between three characters is the gruesome voice of Raavan.
“నటన అంటాడేంటీ కింద బటన్లు ఊడిపోతుంటే..” Kusa seems to be frightened by the voice of Bigg Boss!
5. The only duration of screen time in which NTR isn’t present is shared by these kids. An emotional backdrop created for Jai by these children is touching.
6. Raavan is never good at flirting with his crush. He only knew loving (read as lust) in the wildest form possible.
This reminds us of Bhadranna’s(Gopichand) desire towards Shailaja(Trisha). Isn’t it?
7. Jai used to expect returns for the love he invested on his brothers. He never understood a fact that his brothers also love him.
అమ్మ చనిపోయినప్పుడు కనీసం వెనక్కి కూడా తిరిగి చూడని తమ్ముళ్లు తాను చనిపోయేటప్పుడు పరిగెత్తుకుంటూ వస్తారు..
This scene rounds off the entire tale.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com