Gautam Gambhir, We all remember him for the opener he was and his brilliant service for Indian cricket. Every time he used to come out to bat with Virender Sehwag, He made sure that India is off to a respectable score. Now he may not be playing for team India but that doesn’t put out of the headlines. He is always there doing his part for the society through his humane gestures and also through his foundation i.e Gautam Gambhir foundation.
Recently he is again into headlines as he inaugurated the 7th edition of the ‘Hijra Habba’ which is a festival of the transgenders. There the transgenders dressed him like one and he accepted it graciously. Here are some of his activities which prove that he is much more than a cricketer…
1. Gautam Gambhir inaugarating the ‘Hijra Habba’
2. Celebrating Rakshabandhan with Transgenders
3. To help the poor and beat their hunger, He started a ‘Community Kitchen’
4. Providing education expenses to the 25 martyred CRPF soldiers in Kashmir
5. Supporting the Fit India campaign..
6. Fighting against the increased pollution in New Delhi
7. Pledged to support the education of a martyred soldier’s daughter for lifetime..
8. Always a huge fan of the Indian soldiers…
9. Taking part in bike rally to support the martyrs of the Kargil war..
10. This is his fan from Kolakata and when Gambhir got selected to Delhi, His fan met him personally and told him that he will be supporting Delhi even when Kolkata plays against DD
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org