Contributed by Swathi Rao
Whenever we attend any event, the first thing that grabs our attention is the ‘arrangements’. These days event management has become a necessity and also a business. Fix the dates, employ a good event planner and enjoy the event happily. That is how it is happening these days. But, Event management is not as easy as it looks. There will be many hardships in the process and let us look at some of the interesting problems that the event planners face…
1. When they ask us to do themed functions in a unique way but themed functions are itself unique.
2. Client requirements are the biggest tension for us. At first, they give us a list telling it’s the final list. But as we start preparing, collecting and start our work according to the given requirements and plans, there come a bunch of people (relatives) and make us change some and sometimes they change a lot that would result in changing the whole concept or theme of the function.
3. Some people finalize for one concept and they change it completely sometimes. Budget crunches are one of the most faced problems in these events, clients need new concepts, glam décor and awe dazzled looks in the venue.
4. At the end of the day sometimes we get less time to do the whole requirements as they keep on getting added. The decision keeps on changing till the last moment and pressurizes us even though they exactly know when the event is going happen. Sometimes it exceeds unrealistic expectations.
5. Flowers arrangement is such a painful task and is full of risk. Sometimes, we don’t get the needed flowers or less stock in flowers or no availability of flowers sometimes unfavorable weather. We don’t generally buy extra flowers to decorate. We should always take care of flowers and décor them on the stage morning or night before the event starts.
6. We are decorators, not designers, we decorate using the available materials in the shops and we design accordingly.
7. The concept, theme based parties, and functions are still in trend and sometimes they want movie concepts which are difficult to make. Even we are humans, even we get hurt, we don’t get treated well or all scold us even for small mistakes.
8. Sometimes venue which is selected by the client isn’t favorable to the concept they choose, it becomes so difficult to convince the client at times.
9. The most important thing is the team which has to be chosen according to the client. As high profile clients should have proper managing teammates and concentrates in work rather than taking pictures with them.
10. Every event organizer/teammate will surely have this nightmare. What if a kid destroys the decoration or someone by mistakenly falls on a beautiful area which has been designed for photo shoots.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com