Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute completes its 20 years of service. The hospital founded by late N T Rama Rao, The then CM of AP holds a special place in so many peoples hearts, Here are few of the reasons why this hospital is so special
1. The hospital was inaugurated on 22nd June 2000 by the then Prime Minister of India, Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
2. The hospital is famous for being the first in the country to utilize the most advanced equipment to provide the best treatment to patients.
3. In these 2 decades, More than 2 and a half lakh patients have been treated in the hospital
4. The hospital which started out with 110 beds is now equipped with 500 beds
5. Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Sri NT Rama Rao garu lost his wife wife to cancer. The hospital is established in her memory, named after her.
6. The hospital has one, big mission which is also mentioned on their website, “Provide quality cancer treatment at affordable cost”. The future vision of the hospital is to develop ‘BIACH & RI’ as a premier Institution for the Cancer Research and Treatment in the Country.
7. If you’ve seen on social media it is said by a lot of people that, Nandamuri Balakrishna garu who is the chairman and managing trustee of the hospital, personally visits the hospital often and keeps a check on the patients
8. The hospital has been providing AC wards for the poor patients who can’t afford the treatment.
9. There’s a special ‘bus’ dedicated for cancer screening programme, equipped with Xray, Digital mammography, Ultra sound scanner. This special bus has visited many states and has tested lakhs of people.
10. The hospital is also equipped with NABH and NABL accreditations.
11. The hospital has not only been treating patients for free or for bare minimum charges as less as 12 rupees but also has been providing them with dormitories (Vasati Gruha).
12. With the help of Smile Train foundation USA, The hospital has also provided Cleft Lift surgeries for FREE for 3000 patients.
13. The hospital has provided employment opportunities to more than 1500 people.
14. The hospital staff have been praised by Nandamuri Balakrishna garu for specially taking care and making sure that Covid-19 being not spread in the hospital premise.
Nandamuri Balakrishna garu posted a special video thanking the staff, doctors and everyone who is a part of the 20 year journey:
Here’s wishing 100 more years of good will and positivity to Basavatarakam Cancer Hospital.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org