Here’s Everything That’s Interesting About Bangalore’s Kempegowda Airport’s New Garden Terminal
Mana golden city ki inko glory add ayindi guruvu garu, mana Prime Minister Narendra Modi garu November 11th na Banglore loni Kempegowda International Airport Terminal 2 ni open chesaru.
With his inauguration, the passenger handling capacity as well as counters for check-in and immigration will be double. Here is all you need to know about this new Terminal 2.
1. Budget and Area.
The Terminal 2 has been developed at an investment of ₹5,000 crore, it is spread in a total area of 2,55,645 square meters.
2. Exclusively For Domestic Travellers:
T2 will initially serve as an exclusive terminal for domestic flights as T1 will continue for international operations. T2 will commence full-fledges operations from the end of December as a domestic terminal catering to 25 million passenger a year.
Gradually 2023 lo T2 Phase 2 start ayaka dhantlo appudu International operations start chestharu, Terminal 2 Phase 1 lo domestic and Phase 2 lo international anamata.
3. The T2 in its first phase will have 22 entry and exit gates, 15 bus gates, 95 check-in solutions and 17 security check lanes.
4. The gate lounge will have a seating capacity of 5,932. Phase 1 of T-2 has a capacity of 25 million passengers per annum.
5. There will be nine customs hand baggage screening, and 15 tarmac bus gates.
6. Departure immigration – 30 conventionally manned, 10 e-gates, and Arrival immigration- 34 conventional, 6 e-gates, 20 visa on-arrival bays.
7. The Terminal-2 has been built on four guiding principles — ‘Terminal in a Garden’, sustainability, technology and innovation, and art and culture of Karnataka.
7. A KIA official said to a report that.. “The T2 is an architectural wonder, which is a first of its kind ‘Terminal in a Garden’. It will have lush greenery within and outside and will be a visual delight like no other in the world. The passengers’ experience is designed to be a walk in the garden while traveling through the new terminal”
8. Hanging Garden
A big draw of Terminal-2 will be its ‘hanging garden’, the designers have also kept in mind the rich art and culture of Karnataka while desiging the terminal.
9. Bamboo touch.
Terminal 2 can be termed a bamboo paradise. A majority of the structure is crafted with engineered bamboo, a renewable material considered to emit zero carbon, to symbolise the Garden City.
10. “Terminal in a Garden” Theme.
This Terminal 2 conceptualized and designed by American architectural firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill on the theme “Terminal in a Garden”, and L & T carried out of the construction work.
11. Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Statue.
The 108 feet statue of Nadaprabhu Kempegowda, it is the “first and tallest bronze statue of a founder of a city”, as per ‘World Book of Records’.
Pillars behind this Garden Terminal:
Mana GVK Sanjay Reddy gari Terminal in Garden ane vision and planning tho 2014 lo ee designing process start ayindi, top global architectural firms ayina Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) ni project ki select cheskunnaru, along with their architects Peter and Laura, Sanjay reddy garu and his followed team andharu kalisi ee project ni successful ga finish chesaru.
Bangalore Airport T2 eh kadhu, mana Mumbai Airport T2 ni design chesindi kuda same team eh.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com