Finally, The much awaited Ameerpet to Hitec City metro service stretch will start its services from tomorrow (20th of March). And here are a few highlights about it, you need to know:
1. The Ameerpet to Hitec City Metro Service will have a total of 8 metro stations along its stretch.
2. ‘Taruni-Madhura Nagar‘, ‘Yousufguda’, ‘Jubilee Hills Road No 5’, ‘Jubilee Hills check-post’, ‘Peddamma temple’, ‘Madhapur’, ‘Durgam Cheruvu’ and ‘Hitec city’ are the names of 8 stations that are stretch across ’10 KM’.
3. ‘Jubilee Hills check-post’, ‘Peddamma temple’ and ‘Madhapur’ stations will open for public at a later date.
4. “The above mentioned 3 stations will be opened for everyone, after a few weeks,” said NVS Reddy, Managing Director, HMRL, who attributed the delay to work being undertaken at these stations.
5. With the Hitec City Metro Rail station not having a reverse facility, the trains will be operated in the ‘twin single line method’. Till the reversal system is ready. The frequency of the trains between the Ameerpet and Hitec city route will be 9-12 minutes. On other corridors it is 6 minutes.
6. This stretch falls under the 28 km blue line of the Hyderabad Metro that extends from Nagole to Raidurgam. The Raidurgam Metro Station is still under construction.
7. HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail) will also develop the ‘Taruni-Madhura Nagar’ station as a ‘woman-managed station’ with shops catering to the needs of women and children.
8. Unlike other stations which are mainly two-level stations, Jubilee Hills Check Post station is a single-level station where concourse level (large open space) is avoided so as to reduce the already high level of the station.
9. The stretch will also face speed restrictions initially as this stretch of the metro line has many steep curves and sits on an undulated terrain.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org