2018 has become an year to link everything to your Aadhaar. If there is no Aadhaar, then there is no proof to your existence here. This year, almost all government schemes and financial institutions (Banks), Telecom industries has made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar. The deadline for it was 31st December, 2017.. but it got extended to 31 March 2018 by Supreme court. Apart from bank accounts, the Aadhaar number is also to be linked with PAN card, mobile phones and many other government schemes by March 31. These are certain things that you need to do related to your Aadhaar to avoid pain in this year, the 2018.
Linking Aadhaar to Bank account – There are two ways to link your bank account with Aadhaar-offline and online. For offline method, fill up the Aadhaar application form and carry it along to your bank. For online, it can be done via net banking. Banks like SBI has added an option in their ATMs as well to link the Aadhaar. You can check the Aadhaar linking status through UIDI website and clicking on Bank account linking status.
Linking Aadhaar to PAN –
1. Log on to the Income Tax department’s e-filing portal — www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2. Enter the asked details and click on Link Aadhaar shown at the end of the page. You PAN card is now linked to Aadhaar.
Linking Aadhaar to Phone number
1. Visit your nearest Aadhaar centre or download the Aadhaar update form.
2. Fill up the form with the phone number you want to link.
3. Submit the form along with photocopy of your Aadhaar and a id proof document such as PAN card, Voter ID card etc.
4. Your form submission will be verified after which you will be given an acknowledgement slip. Your phone number will be linked within 10 days.
Even Facebook testing to add Aadhaar linking feature
While this is not yet confirmed, there are reports of Facebook prompting new users to enter their names as per their Aadhaar Card. The prompt asking users to use the same name as their Aadhaar card is not showing all the time but appearing at random attempts, as reported by several users. Also, this is not a far-fetched conclusion to say that Facebook can use Aadhaar verification to get rid of fake profiles.
Linking Aadhaar cards or any other identification proof to Facebook can yield good results. One of the key benefits will be the eradication of fake profiles from Facebook. Also, a blue badge from the social media platform could result in more credible profiles as they will be verified with a proper ID proof. Watchout guys, if you aren’t busy year, the government will make sure you are – asking you to link your Aadhar to every possible thing.
Interestingly, a new information says that, now All Mobile Subscribers in India can Link their Aadhaar Number with Mobile Number to complete ReVerification Process just by Dialing 14546 (toll free) from their Mobile Number. No need to visit at Operators Store, OTP Based Aadhaar Linking IVRS is now active.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com