Vizag is a paradise for beach lovers. It is also an industrial hub. However, Vizag is not just about the beaches, it is a lot more than that. There’s a lot of things you can do in and around Vizag. The next time you are in Vizag, make sure that you plan the trip out and ensure that you hit as many of these spots as possible.
1) Dolphins Nose is huge rock on the south east corner of vizag at 174mts in height and 365 meters above the sea level. The name has been derived from the shape of the rock that resembles Dolphins Nose
2) It is the first submarine museum in South Asia. Kursura has the distinction of being one of the very few submarine museums to retain its originality.
3) Kailasagiri is a hilltop park in the city of Visakhapatnam. The park was developed by Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority (VUDA) comprising 380 acres of land covered with flora and tropical trees. The hill, at 360 feet ,overlooks beaches, forests, and the city of Visakhapatnam.
4) In an area of 625 acre the zoological park located among the Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary of Eastern Ghats. There are nearly 80 species of mammals, birds and reptiles in the zoo. The zoo has enclosures for primates, carnivores, lesser carnivores, small mammals, reptiles, ungulates and birds aviaries with a well planned layout, a jungle along a water body inside the Zoo Park.
5) The Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary is a forest located near Visakhapatnam. It was named after the local hillock Kambalakonda. The KWS forest covered by dry evergreen forests is a home for different species of wild animals, birds and plants.
6) It is located 114 km from Visakhapatnam, close to the Odisha state border. The Anantagiri and Sunkarimetta Reserved Forest which are part of Araku Valley, are rich in biodiversity. This valley is surrounded by mountains like Galikonda, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta and Chitamogondi.
7) Borra Caves are located at a distance of 92 Km north of Visakhapatnam. The caves open with 100 meter on horizontal plane and about 75 meters on vertical plane. These caves are spread out over an area of one square KM and the origin of river Gosthani which flows through the district.
8) It’s a hill station located 90 kms away from Vizag. Anantagiri is a paradise for coffee lovers and nature enthusiasts.
9) The Historic Temple at the Simhachalam, built in the 11th Century, where the Lord Varaha Narasimha Swami’s temple is located represents the rich cultural heritage of Visakhapatnam. Located on the Hill top, at a height of 244 mts, popularly called the Hill of the Lion Lord, is the temple of Lord Vishnu in the avatara of Sri Narasimha Swami varu. This great temple built in the 11th century by the King Sri Krishnadevarayam, is one of its kind in the country. Inscriptions on the temple date back to 1098 AD.
10) Katki Waterfalls is named after Katki, the place where it is located. The waterfall is about 50 ft high and lies around 4 km away from Borra Caves. Katki Waterfalls originate from the Gosthani River and contains greenery and clear water in its vicinity.
11) Set up in the year 1994 by Municipal corporation the public aquarium also called as Matsya Darshini housing number of marine species. The rare aquatic spices are bought from Singapore and Malaysia.
12) Tyda park is Located 75 km from Visakhapatnam on the Araku road, Tyda is being developed with camping facilities at jungle bells to provide an enchanting experience in the wilderness to the tourists.
13) Kondakarla Bird Sanctuary
Natural lake and bird sanctuary located towards south at a distance of 50 KM from Visakhapatanam. This fresh water natural lake is home of many birds and one of the main spot for photographer interested in birds photography. This lake has boating facility also.
14) Kothapally Waterfalls
Kothapally water falls is one of the best scenic place which tourists can enjoy. Kothapalli is a village in Gangaraju Madugula Mandal, near Paderu in Visakhapatnam district.
15) Lamba singi is a small village in the Chintapalli Mandal of Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is situated in the agency area. This place is often referred to as Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh. The temperatures in this places go as low as 0°C or sometimes even lesser during December – January.
16) Pudimadaka Light House
Lighthouse at Pudimadaka village was first commissioned in 1971 and then renovated in 1991. The lighthouse was on a masonry tower of 26 meters height. It has a visible range of 27 Nautical miles.
17) It is located at the Mudasarlova Reservoir which is the major source of drinking water for Vizag. It was built during the British rule. This park is a beautiful site near the lake in the mid of palm trees and hills.
18) It is a beautifully structured tomb constructed by Kurupam Raja as a memorial for his wife. It is a 100 year old structure located on the way from VUDA Park to Bhimili Road. This is also known as Visakha Taj Mahal
All images sourced from Google images.
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com