Post the Division of state, a divided Andhra Pradesh didn’t have proper resources for development. Over the last two years the state of Andhra Pradesh has faced some most troubling times and testing moments. Like a phoenix, Andhra Pradesh has risen to become the Sunrise State of India. AP has become a hub for investments, several industry giants have decided to invest in Andhra Pradesh. This has opened up a myriad of opportunities for the state. The setting up of industries will create jobs for thousands of people and also sustain the livelihood of all the people who depend on the industrial ecosystem.
Here is the list of Investments in various fields so far in the last two years…
1)Investments in the aerospace and defense sectors
Major clusters and parks:
1. Aerospace and Defense Park (on PPP basis) in Anantapur and Chittoor/Nellore districts.
2. World-class Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility as a part of proposed Bhogapuram Aerotropolis near Visakhapatnam.
3. Air Cargo complex near Visakhapatnam
4. Aerospace and Defense industrial park in Palasamudram, Anantapur.
Upcoming projects in the state:
1. Essel Infra
2. Vittal Innovation City
3. Menzies Aviation
2)Investments in the Agro & Food processing sector. In the last two years, here are the following existing projects from the sector.
5. Godrej Agrovet
6. Andhra Sugars
7. Godfrey Philips
8. Pennar Aqua Exports
9. Super Spinning Mills
1. Avanti Feed Ltd.
2. Ruchi Soya Industries
4. Penver Products Pvt. Ltd.
5. Mulpuri Aqua
6. Charon Pokphand Group
3)Investments in the electronics sector
1. Foxconn- One of the largest manufacturers of mobile phones has set up a manufacturing plant in Chittoor.
No.of jobs to be created: Phase 1 – 6,000 jobs; Phase 2 – 1,000 jobs
Capacity: Phase 1 – 1 million smartphones; Phase 2 – 2.5 million smartphones
2. Xiaomi- The Chinese handset maker has partnered with Foxconn where its phones will be manufactured at the Sri City facility. They launched their first India-made smartphone in Visakhapatnam.
3. BEL- Setting up a defence system integration complex in Palasamudram of Anantapur district with an investment of Rs. 500 crore.
4. Gionee- The smartphone maker has partnered with Foxconn to manufacture its F and P series smartphones at the Sri City facility, with an investment of Rs. 300 crore.
At the Venkateshwara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub at the industrial park at Renigunta near Tirupati, at the 122-acre electronics manufacturing hub in Tirupati, Micromax will utilize 15 acres, Celkon 20 acres, Karbonn 15.28 acres and Lava 20 acres for their respective facilities. Together, the four brands are aiming to produce more than seven Crore devices at the production hub per year. They will be investing Rs 2,000 Crores in phases at the hub, located near Renigunta airport, Chittoor district.
1. Celkon Mobiles
6. One Plus
4)Investments in the automobile sector
With plans afoot to develop Nellore-Chittoor into an automobile sector, the state has brought out an automobile policy for companies in the sector.
The following are some of the significant investments in this sector.
1. iSuzu Motors- The Japanese utility vehicle manufacturer opened a Rs. 3,000 Crore facility in Sri City.
No. of jobs to be created: 3,000
Capacity of the plant: 50,000 units a year. Will be scaled up to 1,20,000 units per year.
2. Hero MotoCorp- The two-wheeler giant will invest Rs. 800 Crore in its plant at Madanaapalem of Chittoor district.
No. of jobs to be created – Under phase 1: 1,500 and under phase 2 – 3,500
Capacity of the plant: Under phase 1 – 5 lakh units per annum and Under phase 2 – 8 lakh units per annum.
3. Bharat Forge- This leading forging major is setting up an integrated auto-components hub in Nellore with an investment of about Rs. 1,200 Crore.
No. of jobs to be created: 3,000.
4. Ashok Leyland- To set up a body building plant in Mallavalli Village in Krishna District with an investment of nearly Rs. 1,000 Crore.
Hope this continues and Andhra Pradesh sees major development in all industrial aspects.
Source: Andhra Pradesh CM
If you wish to contribute, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org