To all the students who completed graduation in computers and to all the students who are planning to do masters in computers here are some interesting courses which are innovative and gaining a good demand these days. Have a quick look !!
1. Cloud Computing:Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and more—over the Internet (“the cloud”). Companies offering these computing services are called cloud providers and typically charge for cloud computing services based on usage, similar to how you are billed for water or electricity at home.There is nothing growing as fast as Cloud Computing within IT today. Heaps of independent analysis and research show that Cloud computing is experiencing exponential growth with more jobs being added every day and many companies desperate for Cloud experts to come up with innovative solutions that will make the most of the considerable advantages of this new technology.
2. Data Science: Consists of all research work related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big data, and Data Analytics.
3. Cryptography: This involves research related to creation of new encryption algorithms, decryption of unknown codes, and attempting to break existing encryption algorithms. There is a high demand from government intelligence and defence agencies who want to intercept encrypted information belonging its enemies (or) send unbreakable coded messages. There is also a growing demand among social network companies as a part of the new “information warfare”.
4. Computer & Network Security: This Involves three major things, finding flaws in security and data storage software,creation of more secure network protocols and breaking existing protocols. There is a high demand from both private companies who want to protect their data from hackers and government agencies who want to breach enemy security systems/defend their own systems. Also part of the rising “Information Warfare”.
5. Human Computer Interaction: The traditional ways of interacting with computing devices involves using keyboard, mouse, and touch screen. HCI attempts to find new ways for humans to interact with computers, such as: Eyeball tracking, voice commands, hand gestures, etc. Purely research based. Demand among companies producing game consoles and mobile devices.
6. Ubiquitous Computing (also known as Internet of Things): This involves research that attempts to turn the world around us into an ecosystem consisting of many small and big computing devices interacting and sharing data with each other (e.g. smart lights, smart fridge, smart washing machine, smart homes etc. where even small objects like lights are fitted with sensors and processors that help them control themselves (such as self adjusting thermostats) and communicate with other objects like cell phones. There is a lot of demand in all consumer electronics companies.
7. Mobile Computing: This deals with all the challenges related to making a mobile to deliver high performance without draining their limited battery life. Demand in all mobile device and PC manufacturers.
8. Data Visualization: While Data Science deals with extraction and processing of data, Data Visualization deals with research on how the results of our data processing can be presented such that any han being can easily absorb all the important details by just looking at a few shapes, dots, and lines. Demand from cloud and analytics based companies.
8. Bioinformatics: Deals with processing and analysis of biological data. Although it is related to data science, it is treated as a separate specialization since biological data is radically different and more complex than other forms of data. High demand from pharma companies worldwide.
9. Vehicular Technology: The commercial vehicle industry sector develops and produces a broad variety of high tech products ranging from trucks, buses, agricultural vehicles, construction vehicles to a large scope of specialized machines.Commercial vehicle technology and its fields of application are generally much more complex, demanding and extensive compared to the automotive sector. Today, for example, a commercial vehicle hosts up to 100 embedded systems, based on 15 million rows of software. The research and innovation are crucial with regard to Air pollution & environmental protection,Comfort & convenience,Cost reduction,Harmonization & standardization of variations and types,Availability & reliability,Safety & minimization of risks.
For those who want to specialize in modern subjects/get better jobs & salaries without having to do a masters degree, the 3 best certification courses are:
1. AWS certified Solutions architect
2. Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
3. Certified Scrum Master
If you wish to contribute, mail us at email@example.com